Friday, November 13, 2009

What happened?

Where's my little eight-pound baby? I swear, I just brought him home from the hospital a week or two ago. Have you seen him? He looks like this:He was just here! I only took my eyes off him for a moment, and when I looked back my wriggly little newborn was gone, and there's a 20+ pound, six month old baby in his place!

And this kid, well. He laughs:
He "runs":
He hovers when he's feeling kooky:
And he has the most sparkly eyes I've ever seen on a little boy:
Come to think of it, as much as I miss that helpless little bundle, I'm really very fond of this new big boy, too. He sits up all by himself. He loves to look at books and chew the toys on his exersaucer. He loves his Jolly Jumper (obviously!) and "big boy food". Veggies, fruits, rice cereal and even Baby Mum-Mums! But most of all he loves his mommy and daddy and his big sister. He always has kisses and giggles to share, and loves a good cuddle.

I know I need to let my babies grow up, but it's at milestones like this - half a year! - that I can't help but think time is passing too quickly. I guess it's a good reminder to enjoy every minute of every different stage - and to not get too bogged-down when the current stage is a little more challenging. It won't last forever!
Happy half-birthday, sweet Simon. I love you!

5 comments:

Elena said...

I am amazed at how much your babies as they grow older still look so much like they did when they were born. When I look back at newborn pictures I am often unable to relate the present day child with that little bundle. But Simon actually looked like Simon when he was born. Interesting and happy birthday. And, what are those animal attachments on the wall? They look really cool.

Jaclyn said...

Elena, I've often thought the same thing about my kids looking very much the same as they did when they were newborns. One day I'll post some baby/toddler pictures of me and you'll see the source of this tendency.

The animal stickers on the wall are actually from Dollarama! They're actually designed for the wall, and you can move them around without hurting the paint. I think they were $2 a package. Next time I go I'll check if they still carry them.

Anna said...

To my sweet little nephew, happy half-birthday! I can't wait to see you, and have you get to get to know your cousin, Noah :)

The Comeaus said...

Awww, this is so sweet. He is such a beautiful boy and I, too, am so surprised by how quickly he is growing up! SIX months? I love the picture where he's just *hanging* out.

My husband and I often remark about how quickly--too quickly--time is passing. We decided that we feel it's passing quickly because we are enjoying every day so much, especially with Damien in our lives. When someone is bored, the hours go by so slowly...but with a bundle of chubby cuteness to love all day, it goes so fast!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

katiemama said...

That boy is truly adorable, I guess if your babies get to be more chinese than mine, I hope my boys are still as good looking as Simon :) hahahahha really wish you guys lived closer so our kids could play!!